Search This Blog

2018-11-01

Victoria and Albert Mueseum



Our third visited location during the London trip was the V&A, or Victoria & Albert mueseum. I love mueseums in general, and that one in particular was absolutely enjoyable to visit. Contrary to France, where I need some official documentation to visit mueseums for free, they are by definition free in London, as far as permanent collections go. 

145 galleries spread over 6 levels comprise the wonderful V&A. I loved the eclectic collections and variety in representation of art and medium.  We saw paintings, sculptures and fashion collections - but there are also ceramics, jewelery, glass and iron works, and a lot more! 


I continue to use the Kodak Z915 point-and-shoot 10MP camera, which proved a bit difficult to edit, especially due to mueseum lighting and occasional reflections through glass cases. 

Shortly after entering, you see this column, which is very ornate and intricate. Next time, I'll get more detailed photos! 




Jan, one of the flatmates where we were staying, met with us after her work for this mueseum outing. She introduced us to a particular gallery with reproductions of other famous pieces. These are only some of the statues we saw there. 
Some were quite high up, others quite big and I couldn't back away to get a wider angle for a proper shot. 







I'll share only these two religious depictions. Atrocious burning oil punishment of the sinner ; some person's robe being munched by a monster, and a funny jesus-on-the-donkey





& now, some creeps




We left the statue reproductions behind, and sought another level. Here's a 
view from above

Outside.... you'll recon the view I used for this blog's entry. I'm not sure what this dome is 


Back down the stairs, on the way to other galleries, I saw this ornate gate, and had to step severla times backwards to get this almost-full view, albeit skewed. 


In other galleries, we saw these busts - I edited the first into b&w, because it had such a bad orangy ting from the light, that it wasn't flattering. 




This one might have been a relative of A. Lincoln


On the way into the fashion gallery, I had to snap these objects, they were just too pretty - and, of, FLOWERS  





The fashion section was really interesting, with pieces as early as the late 19th centry and a few modern from just a few years ago. 


I love the flowers and the daring image, though in lower light at the mueseum, and dashing about, I hadn't noticed it at first. Do you ? 


I'd totaly ware this robe...


or this one, for its gothic, gorgeous lace

I wouldn't wear these shoews (ooch), but I find they have an interesting pattern


I'll finish with this one




I must go back to the V&A. We plan to visit London again, in a year or two, depending on finances and other external factors. I'll defo go back an entire day, and bring my Fuji for the occasion. 



Hope you enjoyed these few photos, which have no will but to showcase the beauty of the V&A's collections. It's not intended to steal any copyright. 

No comments:

Post a Comment