Search This Blog

2020-05-16

London'19 : Holland Park and Kyoto Garden




I know it's been a while and I should have posted these sooner, but better later than never, isn't it ? 

Today, I present photos from Kyoto Garden, which is inside Kensington and Chelsea's Holland Park, visited on 29/10/2019, during my second trip to London.  As the name suggests, it is a Japanese garden.  

(as always, click on photos to see them bigger) 


All photos chosen for this entry were made with my bridge camera, Fuji HS10 and edited with gimp, trying both to showcase the beautiful autumn colors of the park that day, and to respect the natural, authentic look I could see. These edits were done some time in November 2019, after we'd gotten home, memorizing what I could, about two weeks after the visit itself. 
I did have more photos and videos from both camera and my phone camera, but I didn't want to post too many in a blog entry. I think a sample of 20 is enough. 

We arrived by tube at Holland Park station, and entered the Park on Abbotsbury Rd, by the "Tortoises and Triangle Time" sculptures. From the few photos of the tortoises, here's one from the side : 







On the way to Kyoto Garden, our main goal of that day, I said hello to this cute squirrel, who afterwards decided to dig and hide something under the leaves - but the photo was less interesting than his direct stare : 



Parting ways with the squirrel, we finally reached our destination, the park itself. 



The first thing one sees after the panel and few stairs one climbs is this gorgeous pond. I'll show two views, from two sides, as the tree colors aren't the same, and the reflection in the second photo just astounded me upon discovering it. 







Coming closer, thanks to the zoom function (as I respected the fence and rules forbidding walking on the grass between me, the pond and animals), I took some shots of fishes and birds)










A few paces further were these decorative portions of the garden... 








...and autumnal colors once more 



Several peacocks were roaming around the pond, mostly away from people, and looking somewhat annoyed at our presence, so, contrary to most who remained too close and too insisting, I only took a couple shots and moved away 






The pond itself had some decorative elements 






There was also this beautiful waterfall, and which I also filmed it with my phone - vid shall be on youtube as I cannot load them here. 






British squirrels are nothing compared to French ones. This particular one actually dared to climb on my leg, looked me straight in the eye, and I sadly had to say that I had no food. He looks mighty disappointed, jumped off and that's when I managed to take a photo, hence the massive blur,  as he was dashing away! 



I wonder if this one who looked at me straight from his "high spot"  wasn't the same, making sure I still had no food ? 



That day became quickly too cloudy and cold, threatening rain - after the ones that had left most of Holland Park's paths muddy, and full of fallen leaves, so we headed back to our hosts



More about this park on this website and this one had convinced me to visit it when I searched on London places to visit during the Automn... 


Hope you enjoyed this little trip with me in Holland Park (last photo as well as first two, the rest are Kyoto Garden, which is inside the park's space, but I count as 'separate').  
I highly recommend visiting the park (when it'll be feasible again), and shall see you in another entry soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment